Saturday 30 October 2010

Caring for Your Dog: The Essential Guide

I’m getting very excited.  On Friday I received a copy of the press release for my new book, Caring for Your Dog: The Essential Guide.  It will be published by Need2Know on December the 1st 2010. 

I decided to write the book for two reasons – firstly as a tribute to my beautiful, brave dog Vic, who suffered from epilepsy from the age of 4-years-old and sadly crossed the Rainbow Bridge last year at the age of 13 and a half.  He enjoyed life right up until the end and I miss him greatly.  Caring for Your Dog has a chapter on caring for special needs dogs like Vic.  Sadly too many people have dogs put down because they see a dog who has special needs as a burden.  That does not have to happen.

The other reason was I wanted people to realise that instead of buying a dog, something that adds to the problem of too many dogs needing homes, they could welcome a rescue dog into their home.  There are so many dogs needing homes.  Vic was once one of them.  Now my partner and I have Benjy, whom we got from the Dogs trust in Glasgow.  My book has a chapter dedicated to the ins and outs of adopting a dog. 

Here he is –



I’d better go now as he wants to chase him around the room with a bone! 

2 comments:

  1. Lovely dog and glad he has a good home

    ReplyDelete
  2. He was given away twice. The 1st time the family were evicted from their home and he was brought to the Dogs Trust at 7 months old. The second time at 17-months-old, a lady brought him back in less than a week because he had a tiny ear infection. It cleared up within weeks of him coming to stay with us. We think it might have been down to stress or the sea air.
    He is a beautiful dog and we are so lucky to have him.

    ReplyDelete

Most read